Wednesday, March 20, 2013

EOCW11: Final Post

For taking a class, that is not a core class in the fashion degree, I have actually learned the most about the fashion industry in this class, and also, the closest thing to a "real world" experience in the fashion industry. To me, this was more than just coming to class every week. I literally felt like I had to come to work, every Wednesday from 6:00pm-10:00pm (you should not be late, even by a minute, and you should not leave early, unless instructed to do so or if you have completed all of your assignments for the day).  When we are in the office you are expected to  do what is related to the office, with the exception of free time during your break.  There are rules and guidelines that must be met by company standards, and nothing less is expected of you. You are to respect the manager when he is speaking, and to be focused on him and not distracted by anything else. When you evaluate your work there is a common courtesy to be honest with yourself, whether it hurts you or helps you. This class experience mirrors the work world so closely I felt like I was a professional in the fashion industry. If this class was a job that I was being paid to do, the grade (or recognition) that I deserve is: I did complete all the tasks, but not in a timely matter or by the deadline. If I was offered a promotion, along with someone else, I would not be accepted for the promotion but I would keep my current position to improve on my time management skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment